Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Sun Shining On The Rain And Rain Falling On Sunshine

Dear friends,

I got caught up this week and I did not even managed to download the pictures I did in the weekend until Wednesday. But today I want to share with you a few dear pictures (and fitting quotes) from Saturday. Last Saturday, that is! I had a late breakfast after sleeping longer than 6:30 AM (the hour when I usually wake up) and I slowly moved around the house until around 1 PM when I started to get ready to go out with a dear sweet heart Magda (that you already know, if you read my blog for a while). We had it scheduled that we would see her mother perform in the dancing contest "Turniej Tanca Towarzyskiego" - held this time in Krakow :) You might remember my post from last time I went to see her, in February - beware the extensive number of photos, I could not help myself, everyone was dressed so pretty!
You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.”
Pablo Neruda
“Is the spring coming?" he said. "What is it like?"...
"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine...”

Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. (Sonnet XCVIII)
William Shakespeare
“Spring drew on...and a greenness grew over those brown beds, which, freshening daily, suggested the thought that Hope traversed them at night, and left each morning brighter traces of her steps.”
Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
Before heading out to the Dance Contest we had a few moments by ourselves and I got to take pictures of adorable Magda being pregnant - she realised that she has no pictures with her pregnant so when I asked her to take a picture with me and the trees in bloom, she asked for some in return and I did them with great pleasure :) I also had a chance to take some pictures of the nature coming to life... The sun was shining, birds were singing, small animals were bustling about... LadyBugs were flying happily... I could indeed feel the Spring in the air - no more cold, no more rain, just flowers and smiles and happy times ahead. I had not such a happy and relaxed feeling about a day in a long time! (ok, scratch that! I loved Koln & Bonn so those were supreme happy times!).
***
Now fear not, I shall tell you more about the Dance Contest morrow as this post would have been much too overwhelming with the amount of photos that I did and I want to share with you. The contest was amazing and it lasted from 3 AM till later in the night - aproximately 1 AM - but we stayed just until 11 PM like good children and after that we went home. So... I guess I will be seeing you morrow with pictures from the contest ;) be prepared and let me know how you lads/lasses welcomed Spring :) Last Saturday it was still March - 29th to be precise - but it is the weekend when I felt the real change to warmth!

Yours truly,
A LadyBug That Welcomes Spring